Famly allows you to allocate certain permissions to different staff roles. You can access your Staff Roles and permissions by going into your Settings, clicking on Staff and clicking Manage Roles. The Permissions are as follows:
- Can Access Famly without being signed in - this allows staff members to access Famly away from the nursery setting. If this permission is not checked staff members will only be able to gain full access of Famly if they are signed (checked) in either via the Sign In screen or through the nursery overview within Famly. Their access is also limited to -/+1 hour outside of opening hours. If your nursery ours are 9-5, their access is limited to 8-6.
- Access to basic child and employee info - if checked this allows staff to access to see the basic profile tabs and contacts tab of staff and children. This does not include health and sensitive information. It also allows them to see Calendar tab of children . Finally this permission is required to have access to the apps section. Without this permission you cannot see any apps. It gives access to the following apps: Sign In/Out (still need permission to actually sign someone in/out), Menu, Documents, Room Planning, Lists, Attendance Report, Famly Report. This is also a precursor to the Child Development app. Additional apps will require additional permissions.
- Sign staff in and out: if checked this allows staff to sign staff in and out.
- Sign children in and out: if checked this allows staff to sign children in and out. Must have this checked to use Sign In/Out screen.
Communication & Events:
- See the common calendar: this allows staff to see the Nursery Calendar along with nursery events and closing days. Without this permission staff would only be able to see their own calendar.
- Create events for parents and staff: this allows staff to create events and invite staff and/or parents. These will appear in the Nursery Calendar.
- See all sent posts: this gives staff access to the Nursery Newsfeed and all posts sent from nursery employees.
- Send posts to parents and staff: this allows staff to send posts to parents and staff on behalf of themselves, their room or the nursery as a whole.
- View and write messages to parents: this allows staff to view and write messages to parents as a member of the room. The messages will be sent from a room, not from the individual. Any other staff member that favourites this room will be able to see the messages.
- Send messages directly to parents (not via team): this allows staff to send private messages to parents on behalf of themselves. Only the staff member and the parent recipient will be able to view the messages.
- Send messages to all employees in the organisation: this applies only to multiple setting nurseries that have been set up as organisations on Famly. This allows staff to message staff in other settings within their organisation.
- NOTE: staff can always message each other on Famly without permissions.
- View sensitive staff info: this allows staff to see the calendar tab, sick days, holidays, working hours, phone number and address of staff. They will also gain access to the Staff Hours app.
- View sensitive child info: this allows staff to see the Health and sensitive information section of the child's profile.
- See and edit protected addresses: this allows staff to mark and edit an address as protected. Protected addresses cannot be viewed without this permission and will generally not show up throughout the platform (for instance in the List app).
Plans & Invoicing:
- Manage Financial and Occupancy Settings: this gives staff access to the Invoicing Profiles, Pricing, and Invoice Settings. They can then create Pricing Groups, create Attendance Schedules, create Sessions, Products & Discounts and format the Invoice layout. Though Plans appears, they will not have access to it.
- Manage plans for children: this allows staff to add and edit plans for children from both the Manage Plans & Booking Patterns page in Settings and from the Plans tab of each child's profile.
- Manage advanced plans for children: this allows staff to use settings when creating a plan. Currently the only advanced setting is to override the annualisation method.
- Manage invoices for children: this gives staff access to the Invoicing tab of a child's profile. From this tab they can Add Bill Payers and perform all actions related to Bill Payers. They can also create Invoices, add Payments and add deposits.
- Show Occupancy Reports: this gives staff access to the Occupancy report, which currently reports on Nursery wide occupancy.
- Show Financial Reports: this gives staff access to the Revenue and Dept app, which allows you to monitor revenue and public funding, issue invoices and collect debt.
- Manage Observations: this allows staff to create observations for children and access the Learning Journey on a child's profile as well as access the Child Development App. If they only have this permission the observations will be sent to the manager with permission to review and send.
- Review and send observations: observations that have been created will be sent to a staff member with this permission and found in the Child Development App. This staff can then add comments, request changes or post the observation.
- Create Children and Staff: this will give staff access to the Children box in settings and the ability to create children. Staff can also create new staff from room overviews.
- Create Departments and Groups: this will give staff access to the Rooms box, allowing them to create and edit rooms.
- Edit opening hours, info etc.: this allows staff to edit information in the Settings home page. It also gives access to the Bank Holidays and Training Days box and Meal Settings box in settings. It also gives access to the Parental Permissions and Holiday RSVP apps.
- Manage logins for staff: this gives staff access to the Staff box, allowing them to add new staff, allocate staff to rooms and send staff logins. They can also create and manage roles and permissions.
- Manage logins for parents: this allows staff to send parent logins out.